2014-12-11

When Titans Attack.

I finally got around to watching  進撃の巨人 (Shingeki no Kyojin = Attack on Titan) and it was pretty spectacular. Fun stuff: lots of goofy looking Titans eating people. Disappointing stuff: very few skinless Titans. Annoying stuff: lots of shouting and crying and bickering amongst the humans. Great stuff: Mikasa and gang battling the Titans. Spoiler stuff: Eren Yeager is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I'm not that cruel.) Excellent stuff: the soundtrack. So-so stuff: Apart from the big three (Mikasa, Eren and Armin), all the other military personnel are indistinguishable from one another. Personal stuff unique to me because I hadn't read the Wiki page prior to going: Huh? What's happening? I wish I had studied more Japanese before seeing this.

Other than that, well worth seeing on the big screen. I'm going to have to watch the entire series so as to get the expunged stuff. Preferably with subtitles for subtleties. Stay to the very end of the movie for you'll get a preview of the sequel in June. There was NO mention of the live version at all during the previews which I found odd.

There was lots to buy but since I have TONS of stuff already, I just bought a pair of Clear Files and some stickers.




Prior to the movie, I saw some previews for some upcoming Anime all of which look pretty cool.


Ars Nova. A bunch of kick-ass gals kick some ass with rockets and battleships and robots, etc.


Patlabor looked cooler than I thought it would. There is already a Patlabor movie happening now so I'm not sure what the difference is between the one out now and the one out next Jan.


Nice looking. Lots of CGI.


Very intriguing. I hope the misspelling of Psychopath as Psycho-Pass is intentional. It looks quite surreal.

 Finally, I leave you with this to chew on. I picked up a Capsule containing a Fruits Zombie. I got the Banana and it looks like I may have to get the rest.


Just creepy enough for Creepmas!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails