2014-10-01

The Halloween Tree.

I remember reading The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury back when I was a teen but darned if I can recall how it ended. Now I've just watched the intro and a clip of the Hanna-Barbera adaptation and it has left me hungering for more. I need to find a copy, hopefully before the month's end.





Why do I bring this up now? Well, not only is it Day 2 of my Countdown to Halloween but I just happened lay my hands on my very own Halloween Tree last night! As a matter of fact I got two of them!



I popped into Mandai (Best...Store...Ever!) just to see what loot I could pick up and lo and behold within one of the UFO Catchers was a Halloween Tree. After several tries, I finally managed to land one and happily carried it around the store while I sought other cool items. I picked up a few goodies such as some Mystery Bags (to be showcased later) and with my purchase, I was given a voucher for a 2-tries-for-1-coin at the UFO Catcher machine of my choice. I went back to the machine and won a second tree, this one with ghosts!



The toughest part of assembling the trees was finding enough batteries to enclose.




I've figured out the first ornament with which to adorn my tree...


Since I don't have the aforementioned book, this is the nearest tome in tone that I own. I hope to read this on the weekend.


 I probably have a NBC Halloween Tree somewhere but I can't locate it right now. So for the nonce, here is a pumpkin bush guarded by Zero.


 Finally for my Titan entry, there isn't anything really tree-related so this little diorama of stickers on a wall is about the best I can do. I'm not even sure if I assembled it correctly, but who cares, it was on sale and came with a pack of Choco-flakes.


I'm going to link daily to another blog that I think you might enjoy and today's lucky winner is Erick at the Wonderful Wonderblog. Go there to see some Halloweeny cutouts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails