2014-10-01

Monstrosi-Tea.

It's almost time for the Countdown to Halloween 2014 to begin whereupon Bloggers from around the world spend the month of October presenting Halloweeny themes for one and all to peruse. Click that link to join in the fun and be sure to check out the new badge on the side of my blog featuring The Creature (From the Black Lagoon, natch) who is celebrating his 60th Anniversary and is the Feature Creature for this year's Countdown.



I've started my entry with a spot of Franky-tea as today's Halloween treat. Not bad, a bit too herby for my taste but tasty enough.



Today's movie feature as part of Takeshi Miike Tuesday is his latest opus, Kuime or "Over Your Dead Body".



I saw this a few weeks ago and it is incredibly creepy. I couldn't understand half the dialogue but I could figure out the entire movie just by the surreal imagery. If you were lucky enough to catch a Preview at TIFF, you got to see it with some English subtitles. I wasn't quite so lucky. Click the link above and surf around there. Good for a few surprises.

As and added bonus to today's bloggy thing, I managed to snag several Kuime-chan sticker sheets and I have 6-8 to give away. Just comment on the blog or my Facebook page and tell me what your favourite Takeshi Miike movie is and I'll send you a sheet!


I hope to include a Movie Pamphlet whenever possible. I don't have one for this movie, but I took some photos of some promo pics. 






Preference will be given to those outside of Japan and if the response is too overwhelming, then I'll send you a Monster Hotel (Hotel Transylvania) sheet instead.

Okay, I'm running out of time if I expect to publish this by midnight, so here are two more of the features this month. A Daily Nightmare Before Christmas doodad and a Daily Attack on Titan goody.

These Nightmare Wall-hanging thingies are perfect places to store my easily misplaced Remotes. Not sure what I'll stuff in the other pockets.


A couple of Titan hand towels. Not sure whether I'll use them or give them out as Halloween presents. We shall see...


That's about it for the premiere post. Come back for a dose of Halloweeny goodness every day this month!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails